Sunday, May 18, 2014

Yahoo Mail or Gmail : Which is better?

I used both Gmail and Yahoo mail accounts for about 5 years. I personally prefer Gmail because of the following reasons:

 1. I couldn't access the Yahoo account through my mobile phone ,even when I moved up from Nokia 2700 to Nokia Asha 210. I was always asked to sign in from a computer. Yahoo mail is advisable only for people with laptops and PCs. Imagine being able to sign in to your Yahoo account only when you visit a cyber cafe. What if you are living or working in a cafe-less village or town? You won't know whether your account has been infiltrated and is being used for shady deals. Some cafe computers have applications that can store your password for later use even if you don't click on REMEMBER PASSWORD! Gmail can be accessed from any browsing phone.

2. While you can apply more than one LABEL to a mail in Gmail,you can only move a mail to a single FOLDER in Yahoo Mail.

3. Gmail's FILTERS automatically apply prespecified labels to each incoming mail. Yahoo mails have to be manually sorted into folders by you,the account owner.

No comments: