Tuesday, June 17, 2014

HOW TO REACTIVATE A YAHOO MAIL ACCOUNT YOU DEACTIVATED YOURSELF

On May 13,2014, I deactivated my Yahoo Mail account from a cyber cafe
because I couldn't sign in from my mobile phone. I was always told to
sign in from a computer and I don't have a PC or laptop. I removed the
account from my Facebook-connected email addresses and made one of my
Gmail accounts my new primary email. New Facebook notifications ended
up in my new primary email account.

When I deactivated the account,I was told the account would be deleted
by Yahoo in 90 days. It looked so long then. I later had second
thoughts on learning about mail forwarding. Why didn't I just adjust
the Yahoo account's settings so that all the emails will be forwarded
to my Gmail account for me to read on my phone? How do I reactivate
my mail now?


I tried various methods (e.g.trying to sign in with my username and
FORGOTTEN PASSWORD) . I tried to sign up with the same username but
was told the username had been taken (i.e.by me). That reassured me
that all is not lost.


On June 17,2014 (more than a month into the deactivation), I signed
in from a cafe ,using my usual username and password. Usually, I would
get INVALID ID/PASSWORD on doing this. But on this fateful day,I was
told my account had been deactivated and given the REACTIVATE button
to click. I was then given SIGN IN to click and it worked. I was able
to access all my emails (both before and during the deactivation
period) and forwarded some of them to my other email addresses.

BOTTOM LINE: You can always reactivate your Yahoo account before the
90-day period of grace expires. Perseverance is the key. Signing in
used to get me INVALID ID/PASSWORD,but it later worked. I don't know
about deleted accounts,though.

1 comment:

Daftar Yahoo Mail said...

Thank you for the information, I think this article is very useful for all who read it.
.